Dear Yarmouth Families,
We hope your family is has been enjoying the 2016/2017 school year. We are starting to plan for next year and need a few more volunteers to sustain our programs. The K-8 PTO is an important piece of our distinguished district. All families and staff are members of the PTO. Although we work hard to keep everyone in the loop, we still commonly hear, “we don’t know much about the PTO” and “we don’t know how to get involved”.
Your PTO supports and enhances the educational and recreational experiences of our K-8 students. We are an organization working to provide programs and enrichments to your students throughout the school year. Over 25 field trips and in-school experiences are funded by your PTO. Families do not receive requests to pay for all of these special experiences throughout the year and our teachers can rely on PTO fundraising to provide this consistent support.
The Yarmouth K-8 PTO is seeking a few fresh faces for the 2017/2018 school year. We would like to continue to meet the needs of our district while they change. This coming year is the ideal time to help establish the PTO’s mission with the Administration, and we need your involvement.
This is how you can join the team:
- Be a Board Member. Fill an existing position or create a new one.
- Co-Chair an event or fundraiser.
- Join a committee and assist at an event or fundraiser.
- Sign-up for our Shout-Out Email List.
The 2016/2017 Yarmouth K-8 PTO Board of Directors
WHERE WE NEED YOU:
Occasional Shout Outs:
Sign-up for our NEW emailing list to help out with occasional projects. You could help with distribution, craft or assemble mini projects, edit materials, or simply count Box Tops. We are always looking for helping hands!
The PTO Board can have 8-18 Directors. These positions are a vital aspect of the PTO, helping to set the tone and the tempo of our community organization. The time required varies based on the role and can be flexible to fit your specific needs. We simply ask for clear and supportive communication. We do expect each board member to attend and support at least two of our seven key Community Events. Remember any of our positions can be shared:
- President (or Co-Leaders) (total # of volunteers: 1-2)
- School Representative (Rowe, YES, HMS) (total # of volunteers: 3)
- Fundraising (NEW:total # of volunteers: 2-4)
- Secretary (total # of volunteers: 1-2)
- Treasurer (total # of volunteers: 1-2)
- Teacher Appreciation (total # of volunteers: 1-2)
- Communication Representative (total # of volunteers: 1-3)
- Parent Education (total # of volunteers: 1)
Join, Chair, or Co-Chair a PTO Committee:
Please email PTO at email@example.com to help or find out more.